TSHIP is recruiting into the vacant positions below.
Interested persons are advised to apply as instructed.
Finance and Admin Specart
Job location: Sokoto Type: Full time Posted on 11 Apr-2012
Job Opening Id: 41
Roles & Responsibilities
(1) Review/approve vouchers/cheques to ensure proper allocation before submission to the Supervisor and the COP or DCOP.
(2) Submit timely requisitions of funds to JSI home office to ensure uninterrupted flow of funds to implement programme activities.
(3) Provide advice in the preparation of technical programme budgets and ensure that tracking of programme expenses takes place accordingly.
(4) Assist the DF&SS in the preparation of monthly and ad hoc financial, budget, payroll or accounting reports.
(5) Oversees closing of the monthly accounts and ensure they send by 10th of each month.
(6) Review the Zonal Offices’ monthly accounts before processing in QuickBooks.
(7) Approve all Petty Cash vouchers for processing.
(8) Prepare the payroll summary sheet and employees pay slips.
(9) Preparing all salaries deductions including payroll tax, advances, social security…etc.
(10) Review time sheets and update the employee leave section.
(11) Ensuring cost-effectiveness, efficiency and accountability throughout the life of the project;
(1) Manage Finance and Administration staff and systems to ensure conformity to TSHIP and USAID policies and procedures and to ensure quality control.
(2) Oversees all procurement activities including procurement plans, invitations for tenders, pro-forma invoices, supplier selection and purchase orders and ensure that all procedures are being followed. Review and take appropriate action on weekly reports regarding outstanding purchase requisitions and purchase orders. Review vendors’ and all other contracts before they are signed.
(3) Oversees the TSHIP vehicle fleet. Review and take appropriate action on monthly vehicle use.
(4) Oversees the totality of TSHIPS assets including their repair, maintenance and replacement.
(5) Oversees travel and transportation.
(6) Provide administrative assistance to program staff.
(7) Oversees, track and control all local contracts signed by TSHIP (house and office leases, consultant contracts, maintenance contracts, water and electricity, etc.)
(8) Serve as a permanent member of the procurement committee.
(9) Other duties as assigned by superiors within the capacity of his/her field of profession.
(1) Working knowledge of office management.
(2) Ability to work with and manage a multi-disciplinary team.
(3) Extensive financial, management and personnel experience.
(4) Experience in cross-cultural work environments
(5) Excellent team-working and team-building skills
(6) Ability to prioritize and multitasking of varied objectives and duties.
(7) Ability to work independent with minimal supervision and no maintain flexibility in working hours.
Work Experience: 7 years
How To Apply