MTN Nigeria is one of the biggest telecommunication companies in Nigeria.
Interested persons are advised to apply as instructed.
Vacant Position: Team Lead, VAS Applications
Department: Information Systems
About The Job:
(1) Resolve VAS and data related faults and issues that maybe required by second-line Operation & Maintenance.
(2) Develop tools and monitoring scripts relevant scripts ( Perl and Unix).
(3) Provide operational support for VAS Applications; Oracle Database and Solaris System Administration.
(4) Develop multi-thread applications using OOP Languages such as Java, C++, .NET and Perl
(5) Perform Software installation for VAS users.
(6) Ensure that ITIL best practices are strictly adhered to.
(7) Upgrade/load approved patches and fixes.
(8) Perform integration and acceptance tests and produce test documents as required.
(9) Implement change request/planned work on platforms using established Change Management procedures.
(10) Monitor systems and applications on site and remotely.
(11) Analyze, log, resolve and escalate faults on the platforms.
(12) Ensure systems security by:
a. carrying out regular file system and database backups
b. Logging of all activities on platforms
c. Regulating access to systems and ensuring confidentiality of information
d. Conduct monthly routine preventive maintenance
e. Perform software installations as required
Job Conditions: Normal MTNN working conditions. National travel and a valid drivers license May be required to work overtime/ long shifts.
Reporting To: Vas Support Manager
(1) A first degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related discipline.
(2) Possession of a professional certification (Unix/Oracle/ITIL/Java).
(3) 4 years hands-on experience in VAS systems, products and applications.
(4) Experience in Solaris and Databases System Administration
(5) A good understanding of the Telecoms Industry.
Employment Status: Permanent
A first degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering or related discipline Possession of a professional certification (Unix/Oracle/ITIL/Java).
How To Apply
Click here to apply online
Closing Date: 12/29/2011